Friday, April 24, 2009

This has been such a crazy month and I'll be glad when it's over. My other niece, Carly Nichole, passed away yesterday. I'm glad to know that those two are together and they are in loving arms. They must have been really close to their Heavenly Father for Him to call them back so quickly. I will forever remember Jon, gently and tenderly wiping the drool from Carly's little lip, and then looking into her little face, knowing that she may not ever come home. To me it shows the pure love of a parent.

This experience has helped me to remember the important things in life. Sometimes we get so caught up in something someone has done or said to us, but really, none of that matters. The most important things in this life are our families. And I've always known that, but it was a good reminder for me. One good thing to come of this is that we have grown so much closer as a family and we appreciate each other, and our little ones, so much more.

I am again so grateful for the prayers, thoughts, and kind words of everyone. Jon and Rachel have handled this situation more gracefully than I ever could. I definitely admire them. We will never forget these two little angels that brushed into and then out of our lives so quickly.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bambie said...

I'm sorry Jaime. I can't begin to imagine how hard that must be for your family. I pray for your brother and his wife. I am so sad for them.

April 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I so sorry Jaime. I mirror Bambie's sentiment . . . so sad.

April 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I am so so very sorry. I don't know if I could ever handle something like that. I am crying and I can't even stop! My heart is broken so I can't even imagine their parents. Those sweet little girls will be with them again someday.

April 24, 2009 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh my word. I am so sad for them. My heart is just breaking over here. I can't even imagine it. Good good reminder for me to just love & love & love & appreciate being blessed with my children. I'm so sorry.

April 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I spoke with your mom at church today and I'm so sad for your family. There are a few things I'm going to ask Heavenly Father about when I get to heaven and this is one thing I want to ask: Why do you take little ones back so quickly? Like others have said, it's good to know that someday they will be together again as a family. I'm so glad to have the gospel and that knowledge. My prayers are with your family. Let's hope that Jon and his family can turn to the Lord for help.

April 26, 2009 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Sudar Clan said...

Oh wow, I can't even imagine what Jon and Rachel are feeling right. That is just heart breaking. Tell them they are in our prayers.

April 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home