Sunday, February 22, 2009

Updates

Since I've been out of the blogging world for awhile, I have a few updates:

January:
January was a busy month. It seems like there was something going on every weekend, which was great because the time flew. We were also very lucky to have Auntie Jen stay with us for an entire week. We had a blast sharing and trying new recipes, going shopping, and playing in the snow. We are so excited that Auntie is now preggo and we will have another cousin coming (which makes 3 new cousins this year!)





The girls:

The girls have missed Joe, but we talk to him on the phone everyday and a few times a week we get on the computer and talk to him live. Ambree is doing well in pre-school and she surprised me by knowing the signs for almost all the letters in the alphabet, and some other words as well. She loves teaching her sisters everything that she learns, so they now know some of the signs as well. Ambree also has her first crush. It is on a boy named Luke from pre-school and you should see her face when she talks about him. Hilarious. Everyday after school she gives me a play-by-play of what happened with Luke, whether she waved at him or talked to him, to what kind of pajamas he has (Transformers if you were wondering. They had a pajama party at school on Fri.). She is always telling me how "handsome" Luke is. It makes me laugh everyday.



Bailey and Brielle will be two on Saturday. I can't believe my babies are two! They are hitting the terrible twos in full force and now I remember why the terrible twos are so terrible. Actually, I don't know why they don't call it the Terrible, Horrible, Utterly Unpredictable Twos. That fits what we've been going through much better. Brielle is still my little cuddle bug, but she wants to do everything herself. She throws a fit if I don't let her go down the steps, climb into the van, climb into her seat and buckle herself. I am praying so very hard for patience everyday. But like I said, she is still my cuddle bug and she can also be very sweet. It just depends on the day. Bailey on the other hand is my little tom-boy extrordinaire. She loves to jump, run, play- basically anything active. She also loves to play dress up and everyday she is a different princess, just a tom-boy-ish, jumping, running princess. That's what we love about her. She is always coming up with something to say that just stops me and makes Ambree and I laugh and laugh. Today she said, "Mom, my teacher is really really big!" Both girls have figured how to climb out of their cribs. It's time for beds anyways, but I was trying to hold out until Joe gets home. We'll see. Anyways, they climb out and play and laugh in the bedroom. After a while, they will knock on the door and yell for me. Here is actually a picture of Bailey balancing on the top of the crib, or as they call it, "flying".


Joe:

I will never again take for granted having my family under the same roof. Joe is doing really well in his training. He is learning a lot and studying even more. I'm hoping it makes the time go fast for him. He experienced his first tornado a few weeks ago and he said it was pretty crazy. I headed out to Oklahoma on the 12th and was able to spend Valentines and our anniversary (the day after Valentines), with him. We had a blast. We went to a few movies, did a ton of shopping, and ate out for practically every meal. It was so good to see him and hug him and just smell him. His little apartment is nice and he looks like he has gained weight. We also went to the memorial for the Oklahoma City bombing. It was beautiful and very serene.


This is called the Survivor Tree, a 90+ yr old American Elm that withstood the bombing on April 19, 1995. A message by the tree reads: The spirit of this city and this nation will not be defeated; our deeply rooted faith sustains us.


We also saw the Oklahoma City Temple. It is a beautiful but small temple.


Joe is going into his 9th week of training. This coming Friday, He will be halfway there! I am so looking forward to that! I feel very blessed to have such a great network of friends and family who are always offering help. I will just be grateful when this is all over and my family is back together!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Sudar Clan said...

I didn't know Jen was pregnant! How far along is she? That is so exciting. It is good that you got to go see Joe. Are you doing a bday party for the girls? I can't believe they are 2 already, wow!

February 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger King Family said...

It sounds like you have been having a lot of fun, and been very busy. The girls are getting so big, it will be fun to see them again in person.

February 22, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Welcome back! Happy birthday to the twins. They are so cute. You are so awesome! I don't know what I would do without Alan. Hope all keeps going good for you. Call me if you need anything.

February 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Tay and Jen said...

Ahhh, I loved your post and updates. It makes me laugh to hear about the girls. I had so much fun with them when I was there! I hope to do that again in the summer. Joe looks great! I'm still trying to get my hands on a computer camera so we can call! We love ya!

February 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

It's so good to hear from you again. Blogging really is a blessing, there is no other way I would know about your family! Glad you are all healthy and happy and going strong. I'm so happy that you and Joe got to spend time together!

February 23, 2009 at 4:37 AM  
Blogger Nikki Broadhead said...

Those are 3 of the cutes kids I have seen! LOL I love all of the cute pictures that you have of them....They are dolls! :)

February 23, 2009 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

The twins are so big!! I LOVE Ambree's crush! Just got a glimpse of Brnadt's 1st this morning. Love it!! That's so fun that you got to go out & spend time with Joe & congrats to your sis on the preggo news! SO exciting!

February 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

It's amazing how fast kids change. Your twins are getting so grown up! I'm glad you guys are doing well.

February 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Bambie said...

I can't believe the twins are going to be 2!! Joe looks good!! I'm glad you got to spend some time together!!

February 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Kellie Glade said...

Thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were surviving. I can't believe how grown-up your two little girls are. Raegan still can't get out of her crib...thank heavens. Happy Birthday to the both of them! Time flies!

February 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger M.E. said...

It is good to have you back blogging again! I have been wondering how you and the girls were doing. Before you know it this time apart will be a fuzzy memory!

February 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Phil and Sami Carter said...

How fun! You guys sure fill your days with lots of fun and happiness! I'm so glad you got to go see Joe, it looks like you guys had a blast! I can't believe the twins are 2 already!!! Ambree was so much fun yesterday. They kept calling each other there best friend, it was so cute! Take care and please let me know if you need a break from all your kids, Corbin would love to have his two girlfriends over!

February 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home