us lately
For FHE on Monday, we talked about the 3 degrees of glory. Ambree has had a ton of questions about it so we have talked about it all week long. This morning Bailey and Brielle were fighting over a toy, so Ambree stepped in (she's so motherly lately), and said,
"Girls, we don't fight. You need to take turns. If we don't take turns, Heavenly Father will say, 'You can't go to the highest kingdom. You have to go to a lower kingdom.'"
What a laugh. That kid cracks me up.
Well, Joe has only about 5 weeks left in Oklahoma City. His training is really tough and he tries to study every free moment he has. Towards the end of April he will have his big radar test. This test will determine if he makes it as an air traffic controller or not. It is a very stressful, difficult radar test, with instructors standing behind and watching every move you make. He is stressed about it, but I know he is smart and he can handle it. Once he passes that he will only have a few weeks left. His last day of class is May 4th, and he plans on being packed when he goes to class that day. After class, he will jump on the freeway and head home. He plans to be home by May 5th. We can't wait. I don't know how I have made it this long without him. He is so needed in this family and I will not ever take for granted all he does for our family.
In other news, Brielle is potty trained. She was cake. She was ready and so enthusiastic about it. I am a true believer in waiting until the kid is ready. Brielle was ready, Bailey is not. I would put panties on both of them in the morning and while Brielle would go potty, Bailey would pee in her panties, then promptly take them off and continue right on with her life. She wasn't going to let some wet panties ruin her day. When I sat her on the potty, she wouldn't ever go, but just sit. So I'm going to wait with Bailey a little bit. But I am so happy with both of them. They are such good little girls and I'm glad they have each other. Sisters are the best.
One night last week Brielle came into my room at about 1 am. When she walked in I thought Darth Vader had broken into our house because her breathing was so rough. I could feel my heart rate go up and I didn't know what to do. So I said a quick prayer and decided to call Joe. It was 2 am for him. He called his parents and Derek came running over and gave Brielle a blessing and stayed at the house so I could run her to the ER. Turns out she had croup. They gave her the breathing treatment and the steroid injection and wanted to keep an eye on her so they made us stay until 4 am. The Dr. and nurses couldn't believe how happy and smiley she was despite not being able to breathe. She is my little sunshine. I'm happy that she is doing much better now. I am grateful to Derek and Travis for coming over and making it so I didn't have to worry about the girls at home.
"Girls, we don't fight. You need to take turns. If we don't take turns, Heavenly Father will say, 'You can't go to the highest kingdom. You have to go to a lower kingdom.'"
What a laugh. That kid cracks me up.
Well, Joe has only about 5 weeks left in Oklahoma City. His training is really tough and he tries to study every free moment he has. Towards the end of April he will have his big radar test. This test will determine if he makes it as an air traffic controller or not. It is a very stressful, difficult radar test, with instructors standing behind and watching every move you make. He is stressed about it, but I know he is smart and he can handle it. Once he passes that he will only have a few weeks left. His last day of class is May 4th, and he plans on being packed when he goes to class that day. After class, he will jump on the freeway and head home. He plans to be home by May 5th. We can't wait. I don't know how I have made it this long without him. He is so needed in this family and I will not ever take for granted all he does for our family.
In other news, Brielle is potty trained. She was cake. She was ready and so enthusiastic about it. I am a true believer in waiting until the kid is ready. Brielle was ready, Bailey is not. I would put panties on both of them in the morning and while Brielle would go potty, Bailey would pee in her panties, then promptly take them off and continue right on with her life. She wasn't going to let some wet panties ruin her day. When I sat her on the potty, she wouldn't ever go, but just sit. So I'm going to wait with Bailey a little bit. But I am so happy with both of them. They are such good little girls and I'm glad they have each other. Sisters are the best.
One night last week Brielle came into my room at about 1 am. When she walked in I thought Darth Vader had broken into our house because her breathing was so rough. I could feel my heart rate go up and I didn't know what to do. So I said a quick prayer and decided to call Joe. It was 2 am for him. He called his parents and Derek came running over and gave Brielle a blessing and stayed at the house so I could run her to the ER. Turns out she had croup. They gave her the breathing treatment and the steroid injection and wanted to keep an eye on her so they made us stay until 4 am. The Dr. and nurses couldn't believe how happy and smiley she was despite not being able to breathe. She is my little sunshine. I'm happy that she is doing much better now. I am grateful to Derek and Travis for coming over and making it so I didn't have to worry about the girls at home.

9 Comments:
That is amazing that she potty trained so early. I don't do the potty training thing, so both girls potty trained themselves by the time they were 3. What cute girls you have.
That suck that she couldn't breath! But that is so nice to have family so close that is willing to help out whenever needed. I will keep Joe in my prayers as he takes the big test! Man I bet it will be nice when him comes home. I bet it sucks for him missing all of the first for the younger girls like the potty tranning! LOL You guys are GREAT!
I'm glad Brielle is feeling better! Croup is scary stuff!! It's been a rough winter for all the little grandbabies! I hope we are all done now!!
Good Luck to Joe on his big test. I have no doubt he will pass with flying colors.
Brielle is one of the best singers/participaters in nursery, they're both so darling, but she seems to warm up a little quicker. Hope she's doing better!
Good job on getting her in as fast as you did. I bet it really helped. I know just what you mean when they have that scary cough or breathing. I instantly get a huge knot in my stomach, and want to hold them tight. I know you have help, but I still think you are so amazing for holding down the fort while Joe is away. He will get through his test great!
My word! How long has it been since I've been on hre?! I loved reading about the updates & birthdays and pretend pond & hearing about ow it's going for Joe. Hang in there! Croup is scary stuff. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that! Yea Brielle on being potty trained!!! That is awesome! And I think you're so right about the timing. Definitely a major factor. Have a great day all you gorgeous girls! You are ALL sunshine!
I'm so glad all is well now with your family. I hope Joe does well on his test. We will keep him in our prayers. We need to get the girls together sometime. ttyl
What a great family blog. I'm so glad I get to see this side of your life after so long, getting to know you in a way I likely wouldn't have otherwise.
And yes, sisters are great.
And really, why should a little wet panty slow you down anyway?
Love you Jaime (said with a spanish accent).
Linds
You are a Super Mom. I don't know how you do it. I can't even imagine potty training Raegan right now. I'm glad your little girl is feeling better.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home