Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Merry Christmas/ Joe update

I know I'm a little late, but this was our Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve at the Brusch house. Since their last name starts with 'B', Santa always comes earlier and we get to open presents there on Christmas Eve.

Ambree with Uncle Ben. She is excited about her new cute pj's.

On Christmas morning Ambree came into our room and said that she saw a light on in the living room. I told her to go look and see what it was. We heard her walk down the hall and then she gasped. She came running back yelling that Santa came! Very exciting!





Joe, Josh, and Derek worked super hard the week before Christmas finishing our family room in the basement. It was a lot of work but well worth it. We had this cute little playhouse framed into one of the corners of the family room. It is perfect for little imaginations.



And the huge family room...

Joe left for Oklahoma City the day after Christmas. He arrived safely and has been in classes for almost two weeks. He is doing well and studying hard. We have cameras on our computers so we are able to see and speak to him on a daily basis. He has met some great friends and is learning a lot and although we miss him, I know the time will fly. I am planning a trip to see him over the Valentines/our anniversary weekend. I can't wait!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mangelson's said...

That is so cool that you finished your basement. Let us know if we can do anything for you while Joe is gone. Paige would love to have Ambree over to play.

January 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Bambie said...

The playroom is so cute!! The familyroom too! Can't wait to see it on Sunday!

January 8, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Smith Family said...

Yaaa! for the new living room...YOu can bring all the toys down there now. That is so exciting..Josh is almost done framing..i can'twait..I'm almost tempted for us to eat ramen noddles for a couple of months so we have the extra cash to finish it...lol. I'm so glad joe is doing well. I will have to have you guys over for dinner soon!

January 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

I didn't know you were finishing that room! It looks great. I'm glad Joe is doing well. I'll call you about having Ambree come play!

January 8, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Kellie Glade said...

Your basement looks amazing. Glad you are all surviving with the girls dad and your husband away. Your right though, the time will fly by and he'll be back here before you know it. Looks like you all had a great Christmas! Let me know if you need anything.

January 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

That is so nice and I love the playhouse! I'm glad Joe is doing well. We haven't talked to you guys in forever. We should hook up when he gets home. Or, if you need any help while he's gone please call me!

January 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Kimi said...

Wow, that basement is super awesome! Good luck with Joe being gone.

January 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Jamie, Your blog is cute. Congrats on the new basement. I'm so happy that you are in primary now. I get to see you more often. I hope you like it as much as I do. all the little kids are so dang cute.

January 18, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home