End of summer adventure
I have so many things I need to post, like pictures from my first half-marathon, our Palisades camping trip, and our Disneyland vacation. I promise I'll get to those eventually, but I also wanted to quickly post about the fun night I had with my girls last night.
Joe has been working like crazy to get our backyard ready for grass. So I have to think of things to keep the girls busy in the evenings so they don't go back and get in his way. Last night I decided to take the girls for a walk in the cherry orchards across the street. They love doing this, so off we went after dinner. There are still some cherries in the trees, and most of them have gone bad, but we found some that the girls could taste that were still good. We went all the way to the back of the orchard and cut across into the apple and peach orchards. The apples won't be ready for a few more weeks, but we were able to find some peaches and the girls each picked one to eat. While they were munching on those, we passed a pumpkin patch. The pumpkins are getting big and starting to turn orange and the girls had fun looking at them. As we were walking home, our neighbor was sitting in her back yard with her chickens and called us over to see them. Our neighbor, Lynn, has chickens, dogs, goats, and the girls favorite: brand new baby kittens! They had a blast feeding the goats and cuddling the little kittens.
We had such a fun little adventure, and this is one of the reasons I love living in Santaquin!
Joe has been working like crazy to get our backyard ready for grass. So I have to think of things to keep the girls busy in the evenings so they don't go back and get in his way. Last night I decided to take the girls for a walk in the cherry orchards across the street. They love doing this, so off we went after dinner. There are still some cherries in the trees, and most of them have gone bad, but we found some that the girls could taste that were still good. We went all the way to the back of the orchard and cut across into the apple and peach orchards. The apples won't be ready for a few more weeks, but we were able to find some peaches and the girls each picked one to eat. While they were munching on those, we passed a pumpkin patch. The pumpkins are getting big and starting to turn orange and the girls had fun looking at them. As we were walking home, our neighbor was sitting in her back yard with her chickens and called us over to see them. Our neighbor, Lynn, has chickens, dogs, goats, and the girls favorite: brand new baby kittens! They had a blast feeding the goats and cuddling the little kittens.
We had such a fun little adventure, and this is one of the reasons I love living in Santaquin!

2 Comments:
That does sound so fun, it makes me all jealous inside. What a fun little time for you & your girls. I bet they'll always remember growing up in such a cool place & doing things like that with their mom. That's awesome!
Can't wait to see your vacation pics!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home