Young Women
Let me preface this by saying that my posts are more for journalistic purposes than anything else. These are my thoughts and you are more than welcome to read, but don't feel obliged to do so.
Tonight I had the privilege of spending the evening at girls camp. I love the spirit at camp, and the closeness you feel with everyone. I remember having the same feelings when I was a young woman myself. I also remember looking up to my leaders so much, and it was a weird moment when I realized that I am the one whom my young women look up to (I hope!). I read this quote a while back: "When you save one young woman, you save generations" and I've been thinking about it ever since. It makes me realize that I have the power to teach these girls and be an influence on them and hopefully they will grow up and make the right decisions. I remember my leaders and how they made me feel, and I know they helped me to be who I am today. I hope I can be that leader who helps even one girl become closer to the Savior. And in the process, I hope I can become closer to Him myself.
Tonight I had the privilege of spending the evening at girls camp. I love the spirit at camp, and the closeness you feel with everyone. I remember having the same feelings when I was a young woman myself. I also remember looking up to my leaders so much, and it was a weird moment when I realized that I am the one whom my young women look up to (I hope!). I read this quote a while back: "When you save one young woman, you save generations" and I've been thinking about it ever since. It makes me realize that I have the power to teach these girls and be an influence on them and hopefully they will grow up and make the right decisions. I remember my leaders and how they made me feel, and I know they helped me to be who I am today. I hope I can be that leader who helps even one girl become closer to the Savior. And in the process, I hope I can become closer to Him myself.

3 Comments:
You will be awesome I am sure!!! I love reading your blog. What a blessing it is to be able to keep up with loved ones so far away!
I am sure the girls love you and they look up to you. You are a great example for everyone. I also love girls camp, I can't wait to go next month.
I am so gratful to rub shoulder with someone like you. I can see how hard you work and I am so grateful for all your efforts. Thank You.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home