Yummy deliciousness
I have been on a quest to become healthier, not that I'm unhealthy or sickly, I just want to better my health and the health of my family. Thanks to Michelle I have been learning a lot and I am so excited about it. I have been trying to omit dairy from my diet as a start and I have also been incorporating various beans, legumes, and vegetables into my diet. It's really fun. The best part, however, is how great I feel. I don't have that heavy, full feeling after meals, but rather I feel satisfied.

As per Sami's request, I will share what we eat in our house every morning now. It is a green shake, and it looks strange but I promise it is yummy! If it didn't taste great my girls wouldn't eat it and Brielle (little miss picky!) always drinks it up and usually asks for more. This is what we put into the shake:
-Fresh spinach, about a cup or two (it has such a mild taste that you can add a lot without compromising taste).
-Kale, which is a vegetable I just learned about. It's like a cross between broccoli and leaf lettuce. This amazing vegetable packs vitamins a and c, as well as fiber and calcium. I like to blend the kale with water before adding the other ingredients because I learned from experience that if you can taste the kale... no bueno.
-Oats, uncooked, as much as you want. Ambree won't eat oatmeal so this is a good way for her to get it.
-Flaxseed, which is loaded with omega-3's as well as fiber. It has a mild, nutty flavor so you can add as much or as little as you want.
-frozen berries. My girls love blueberries and raspberries so we add about a half cup of each into our shakes.
-frozen fruit, we like the huge bag from Costco.
-frozen banana. The banana is vital... it takes away any weird flavors from the greens and makes it yummy. We add about one and a half frozen bananas into our shake.

You can add whatever else you want, you can also add a little juice to sweeten it. I prefer water as a base to smooth-ify the smoothie. Blend into an oblivion and enjoy!
As per Sami's request, I will share what we eat in our house every morning now. It is a green shake, and it looks strange but I promise it is yummy! If it didn't taste great my girls wouldn't eat it and Brielle (little miss picky!) always drinks it up and usually asks for more. This is what we put into the shake:
-Fresh spinach, about a cup or two (it has such a mild taste that you can add a lot without compromising taste).
-Kale, which is a vegetable I just learned about. It's like a cross between broccoli and leaf lettuce. This amazing vegetable packs vitamins a and c, as well as fiber and calcium. I like to blend the kale with water before adding the other ingredients because I learned from experience that if you can taste the kale... no bueno.
-Oats, uncooked, as much as you want. Ambree won't eat oatmeal so this is a good way for her to get it.
-Flaxseed, which is loaded with omega-3's as well as fiber. It has a mild, nutty flavor so you can add as much or as little as you want.
-frozen berries. My girls love blueberries and raspberries so we add about a half cup of each into our shakes.
-frozen fruit, we like the huge bag from Costco.
-frozen banana. The banana is vital... it takes away any weird flavors from the greens and makes it yummy. We add about one and a half frozen bananas into our shake.
You can add whatever else you want, you can also add a little juice to sweeten it. I prefer water as a base to smooth-ify the smoothie. Blend into an oblivion and enjoy!

5 Comments:
Wow, good for you!! That would never work at my house.
Thanks for the tips, I need to try it because it was surprisingly yummy and better: so good for you!
It sounds like an interesting mixture, but I bet it is delicious. I know that when I try harder to do a little better in my diet, it just makes me feel better! We will have to try this recipe. I love smoothies and would like to get more creative in adding things that would benefit out health, for sure! Thanks for sharing!
I've never thought of oats! But, I guess that would make sense. All oat milk is, is blended up oats and water, with the fiberous part sifted out. Hmmm.... too clever. I'm so happy you are feeling so good. There is soo much to learn, it really is never ending!
So I wasn't going to comment until I tried it. It was amazingly good. And almost all of my kids loved it. Clayton wouldn't try it. But we are definitely going to add it to our weekly diet. I would love to chat on some more ideas to get our kids to eat more veggies and fruits..but its also good for me and josh...we need it just as much as the kids do.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home