Monday, August 31, 2009

The Provo River Half Marathon


Back in April when Joe was still in Oklahoma, my friends began talking about running the Provo River Half. I didn't know what I was thinking when I actually signed up for it. I thought, I had a month until Joe returned, so that gave me one more month of laziness and then I could buck up and start running again. That month went quickly and before I knew it, Joe was home, it was mid- May, and I still hadn't begun training. So I finally started my training plan only to find that my IT band on my left knee was killing me every time I ran. Thank goodness for my personal running coach, Jen! She told me what to do for the pain- I had to decrease my mileage and stretch and ice and be patient. It paid off a few weeks later when I went out to run and felt no pain at all.

It was a lot of work, being a mom, working, and then running, stretching and icing, and all the while trying to get plenty of sleep. It was well worth it though. I may just find myself running another one sometime soon!

We had a fun group, maybe we should get t-shirts for next year that say, "Bishop's Bunch". My bro-in-law Travis and my father-in-law, who is also our bishop, signed up as well.

Travis, Michelle, Joelle, Tiffany, me, Candi and the Bishop.

I was hoping to make 2:25, but I came in at 2:27. So close!!! That's the good thing about it being my first one- there is lots of room for improvement in the future!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ericksons said...

Hey I am so glad we all did it together. Want to do one in January in St. George? we will all ride down there get a room and make a girls weekend out of it?

August 31, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Nice work Jaime! That's awesome!1

August 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You're awesome. Your palisades trip looks like it was fun.

September 1, 2009 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Way to go!!! I couldn't even run a half mile!

September 1, 2009 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Way to go! You are awesome, I don't think I could accomplish anything like that. You are my idol for sure!

September 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Way to go!!! You and Jen look very similar when you run. I was going to do that race too but didn't. I'm too lazy! You are awesome though!

Next time you are at your mom's house, come over and we can let our kids play in the playroom! I'd love to see ya! :)

September 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home