Sunday, September 7, 2008

Running in the Rain

On Labor Day, I ran my very first 10-K.
I woke up that morning to thunder, lightning,
and a complete downpour.

Luckily the day brightened up a bit for the race,
but not the entire thing.
At one point it began snowing!

I'm just happy I finished!
1 hour and 5 mins.

I did it!

Me, Tiffany, and Joelle.

I was so happy that Jen came and ran it also.
Although her 41 minutes sure makes
my 1 hour and 5 minutes seem not so great!

Her prize: a silver dollar.

Oh, and don't let this innocent face fool you.
This is Jen's friend, Seth.
He was the winner. No joke.

Jen, Dad, Mom, and me.


8 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Congrats! I can't imagine running 10K. Good for you!

September 7, 2008 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger The Jones Family said...

How awesome! You are so inspiring - 3 kids and still can find time for something you love. :)

September 8, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

I'm so proud of you guys! Maybe someday I'll want to do that. You looked great!

September 8, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You go girl! It was crazy rainy that day.

September 8, 2008 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Kellie Glade said...

You go girl!!! You look amazing!

September 10, 2008 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Ericksons said...

Hey I love the pictures!

September 12, 2008 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Tay and Jen said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero?!? I seriously have the greatest sister ever!

September 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Smith Family said...

YOu are amazing!! Congratulations!

September 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home