Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crazy Crawlers


These girls are so funny. They are crawling now, and rather than going around any obstacles in their way, including each other, they climb over it. We have caught them many times with one on top of the other, trying to get to something on the other side. Luckily, who ever is getting "crawled over" is usually so busy playing with something else that they don't even care. Only a few times have they gotten stuck and Mom or Dad has to intervene.
We have had a pretty rough couple of weeks. The week before Christmas Joe got a really bad flu bug that kept him home from work for four days. He was miserable and even had to spend a very long night in the ER getting pumped full of fluids because he was so dehydrated. The twins had the bug for about a day, which was shorter than I had anticipated and I was very grateful for that. I thought Ambree and I had gotten lucky and we spent the whole time Joe was sick trying to care for him while trying to avoid him, if that makes sense. He finally recovered and we had a wonderful Christmas. Santa brought Ambree most everything she wanted and she was very pleased. The twins didn't care about their new toys- the treasured item for them was the Fruit Loop necklaces that Santa put into their little stockings. Oh, and the candy canes. Multiple times I have walked into the living room to find them each clutching a half of a candy cane that one of them pulled off the tree, broken in half, and shared with the other. They are hysterical!
Last night, to our dismay Ambree woke up sick. We had to change sheets and clean her up at 1:30 in the morning. Luckily she was fine today, just a little tired, as were Joe and I. But we got to spend the day together shopping and relaxing before Joe has to go back to work tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I'm so glad you sent us your blog address! I can't believe your girls. They are getting so big. This was the first time I've seen the twins. They are so cute. I'm glad everyone has recovered. Sick kids are the worst! We have a blog too you can check out. Click on me and hopefully it will lead you there. We most certainly need to hook up. Maybe pizza at our house this time?

December 28, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Sorry to hear you all have been sick. Those times are really hard I remember. Sorry to hear Joe had it so bad and was in the hospital. That is the scariest thing about the flu, dehydration. Hope you are in the upward swing of things.

December 29, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home